While searching for something today, I came across this little book of quotes I used to keep years ago. I used to write down quotes – funny, silly, inspirational, sms fwds… whatever inspired me in that little book.
Strangely, the mood I am in today, some of the thoughts… actually everything I have written seems me to push towards it rather than away. Is it a sign from the universe or is it just that I wrote only such “positive” things.
Here are some of my favorites:
* Friendship’s like standing on wet cement. It is never easy to walk away and you can never walk away without leaving your footprint
I find this a little funny now. I believed in this statement so ardently once upon a time. And since then I’ve realised the meaning of these words. Specially the last part.
* We met – it was by chance.
We met again – it was luck
We because friends – it was destiny
We are still friends – it is decision
We will always be friends – that is a promise
We kids are so naive! The promises we made and the promises we broke..
* Life is filled with secrets. You can learn all of them at once.
As corny as this is, this one is from Dan Browns’s Da Vinci Code. I love it. It is really true and keeps me going when I get really annoyed with something
* As much trouble as I’ve had on this little journey, I’m sure one day I’m going to look back and laugh.
– Steve Martin. For all the times you missed your flight, or broke your bag handle.
* Wherever man wanders, he still remains tethered by the chain that links him to his kind
– Alexander Kinglake. Everytime I return home… i know why I smile, even though I know the itch to travel with catch up with me again.
* When someone loves you, you don’t realise it. When you realise, it is too late. You always love the one who leaves you and leave the one who loves you.
Someone tattoo that on my forehead. For some others to read!
* The person who hates you thinks about you double the times of the person who loves you. So never mind love or hate, be proud you are remembered.
Someone just messaged that they can’t stop thinking about me. Lol.
* Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes be just an illusion.
Been there, done that, oui?
*Of all the words of tongue or pen, the saddest are those – it might have been – John Greenlead Whittier
The reason why I do too many things that i shouldn’t be.
*In 3 words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life – It Goes On – Robert Frost
And why I continue to do what I do
*You move on or you fade away
* Life never travels in straight lines
* If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it. Very often, when you don’t know what you what, you end up where you don’t want to be.
* The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place – Barbara De Angelis
* Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it. – Thadeus Golas
The Funny Bone
* Kiss is a key of love
Love is a lock of marriage
Marriage is a box of children
Children are the problems of India
See how much of a problem a kiss can create?
* Arz hai: Koi pathar se na maare mere deewane ko. Nuclear power ka zamana hai, bomb se udade saale ko.
* Smile – it is the second best thing you can do with your lips.
Looking back on tears would always make us laugh but I didn’t realise that looking back on the moments we laughed together would make us cry one day.
Today I realise the meaning of this quote. I miss you… I miss the finely honed cynicism tinged with humor which so closely matched mine. I miss being able to call you and laugh about it. I miss being able to call you tell you about yet another date and possibilities and laughing together about all that happened. I miss hearing the ‘pfft’ when I mention something mushy the guy said where I made the same sound in my mind. I love all those who love for me, I love all those who have stars in their eyes for me. Is it a lack in me that I still want that sarcasm of yours that I found so funny and so refreshing that it matched the voice in my head when I was overdosed with mushiness?
Some friendships aren’t meant to be. It is easy to accept the death of those. Some are addictive. And some are those that mirrored your soul… I never intended to need replacements but maybe, I should’ve had backups.
Song of the day: I’ll be there for you – Rembrandts